Postdoctoral affiliation scheme to Christ's College MCR
Christ’s College MCR invites postdocs employed at the University of Cambridge and its affiliated institutions to apply to its new postdoc affiliation scheme.
Membership at a Cambridge College provides a unique academic and social environment. Not only do College members gain access to sports, dining and study facilities, but the environment also encourages interactions between academics in diverse fields and across all career stages. Undergraduate and postgraduate students are regularly brought into contact with world-leading professors in their fields.
While PhD students are automatically granted membership at a College, for postdocs these opportunities are only accessible through exclusive fellowships. The Christ’s College MCR postdoctoral affiliation scheme aims to provide another opportunity for postdocs to experience the collegiate environment at Cambridge. This scheme is not an official affiliation with Christ's College itself but only with the MCR.
Postdocs admitted to the scheme will receive the following benefits and rights:
- Successful applicants will receive affiliate membership to Christ’s College MCR.
- Members may use the College facilities, including the College library, the MCR rooms, Music practise rooms, squash courts and gym.
- They have the rights to purchase tickets at affiliate members’ prices for themselves and guests to dine in Hall.
- They will be provided with a College pigeonhole at the Porter’s Lodge for the receipt of mail.
- They will receive the weekly MCR bulletin and are invited to participate in MCR events.
The following rules apply for applicants to the postdoctoral affiliation scheme:
- The applicant must be employed as postdoctoral researchers at the University of Cambridge or its affiliated institutions and must not already be affiliated to another Cambridge College.
- We are specifically encouraging early career postdocs to seek affiliation. Therefore, applicants must have completed their PhD within the last ten years.
- An annual membership fee of £250 applies.
- Yearly membership renewal shall be at the discretion of the MCR committee and membership is automatically terminated after four years or when the Postdoctoral researcher contract at the University of Cambridge has ended.
We are opening applications to postdoctoral researchers who have an interest in being active members of Christ’s College MCR. In order to apply, please send an e-mail with a declaration of interest, completed application form (link at bottom of the page) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants may be invited to give a brief research talk in front of the graduate students at Christ’s College MCR.
For any queries related to the post-doctoral affiliation scheme, please get in touch with email@example.com.